Why Life Groups Give Life
Anchor Passage: Acts 2:42-47
The Big Idea: Teaching takes place in rows. Learning (Life) takes place in circles. -Adapted from Andy StanleyIn rows you don't see faces.
Stories from the book of acts
Anchor Passage: Acts 25-28
The Big Idea: The longer the story, the more epic the journey.
2. Cling to the smaller stories of victory.
3. Intentionally set up others to continue the story long after you're gone.
Anchor Passage: Acts 21:40-22:21
The Big Idea: If you want to see change in others, change the way you see them.
2. Let your own story influence your opinion of others.
3. Love those who claim to hate you.
Anchor Passage: Acts 18-20
The Big Idea: Let your life and your community be disrupted by Jesus.
The Commands (Acts 18:9-10):
1. Do not be afraid.
2. Do not be silent.
The Results (Acts 18-20):
1. The message of Jesus disrupts the lives of individuals.
a. Apollos (Acts 18:25-26)
b. The Sons of Sceva (Acts 19:11-16)
2. The message of Jesus disrupts communities.
a. The Jewish Community (Acts 18:12-17)
b. The Ephesian Gentile Community (Acts 19:28-38)
c. The Ephesian Church Community (Acts 20:17-38)
Anchor Passage: Acts 17:16-34
The Big Idea: Being religious is something you can choose to do but being righteous is someone you choose to be.
2. God desires that our motives are righteous. (Good, godly, and true) (Acts 17:19-31)
3. Faith in Jesus gives us a new motive to live a good - godly - life. (Acts 17:32-34)
Anchor Passage: Acts 16:16-24
The Big Idea: Don't let worldly stress overwhelm your attitude towards God's plan.